The parents of the missing eight-year-old boy, Gabriel Cruz, have thanked the Home Secretary, Juan Ignacio Zoido, for his support during a visit on Wednesday to the area where Gabriel went missing last week.

In a video posted online, Patricia Ramírez and Ángel Cruz said there message was "fundamentally about thanking Zoido" and "to be thankful for the support and really the sincerity that we have felt…".

"We are doing everything possible to find Gabriel and we will continue to do so without skimping on resources so that he can be back with his parents soon", said the Home Secretary.